(Web Info Newsletter for The Rest of Us!)
Do We Need Another Newsletter?
I subscribe to a slew of them and what I've noticed is that most are full of self-aggrandizement, misinformation, techy-speak, advertisements, invitations to $3,000+ conferences on obscure Web technologies (that's some expensive mini-egg rolls!), or enough acronyms to qualify as a programming language. Out of the few that I monitor that are accurate, timely and well written, none would provide the non-technical audience with helpful and comprehensible information on Web site design and development topics.
So, CONZZ_ARCHIVES was born of the many questions asked by Seidel & Assoc. clients regarding everything from "why the need to use professional services?" to "can we take donations online?" and beyond.
The newsletter is intended as a brief, once-monthly email newsletter featuring an informative article on one topic per issue. Since the articles continue to be of interest after publication, it seems appropriate to post them as HTML as well to allow continued access.
If you find that you have questions on a topic regarding issues surrounding Web site design, development, maintenance or structure, please feel free to send us an email with your request for an article or information. Below, you will find links to past issues listed chronologically by the article title.
- Web Design Basics... Who knew? (Vol. 2, No. 1 - Nov. 29, 2002)
First, A Dot-Com Economics Lesson
- "Who isn't familiar now with the "dot.dust" era you know, the 6-12 month period wherein we saw dot coms that were previously riding high on the technology market of the late '90s and early 2000 fall to ruin..." [ read more ]
- Search Strategies, Part I - Dependency (Vol. 1, No. 4 - Nov. 20, 2001)
Where Have All My Visitors Gone?
- "Let me say to the uninitiated out there that getting your Web site to land on the first page (or three) of the results from a search engine query is a time consuming, costly, and prolonged, and heroic effort..." [ read more ]
- Usability... The good, the bad, and the ugly (Vol. 1, No. 3 - Oct. 16, 2001)
Why The Distinct Difference?
- "Even though the common assumption amongst readers of this newsletter may be, "We'll let the Web designer worry about the details," we all need to have some common sense understanding of what constitutes the "good" vs. the "bad"..." [ read more ]
- To Dot Or Not To Dot... Part Two! Why Dot? (Vol. 1, No. 2 - Sept. 18, 2001)
The Old 'Why And What's In It For Me?' Question
- "Last month, I discussed some of the basics of user-centric Web design
and why considering the user is so important..." [ read more ]
- To Dot Or Not to Dot... Is That The Question? (Vol. 1, No. 1 - Aug. 16, 2001)
Now is a good time to consider your Web site - design or re-design.
- "If you're a small to medium sized organization, more than likely
you're not itching to spend a lot of cash..." [ read more ]